To respond to this project, please click the "Draft Response" button above.
3. Technical Proposal Format
1. Technical Proposal Format
To facilitate the analysis of proposals, Offerors are encouraged to prepare the proposal according to the instructions and in the order presented in this section. Proposals should be prepared as simply as possible with straightforward, concise descriptions to demonstrate an understanding of the project and services required by the City. Proposals that provide innovative alternatives and creative approaches are encouraged. Any other information thought to be relevant, but not applicable to the categories below, may be provided as an appendix to the proposal.
The proposal should be organized with the following information and minimally contain the following information:
• Executive Summary – An executive summary that provides a narrative, prepared in non-technical terms, summarizing the proposal.
• Company Profile – A profile which includes company/firm history, ownership, project portfolio, qualifications, financial status, office(s) location, and number and classification of employees, etc. If the Offeror has a team selected for this project, include detail about team members for the project.
• Proposed Utilization of the Property – Describe the proposed use of the property following acquisition. Indicate the compatibility with local priorities and plans for Downtown Newport News. Include all detail necessary to appropriately communicate the proposed use of this property, nature and extent of building improvements to be made, if any, and the anticipated benefit to Downtown Newport News.
• Implementation and Project Timetable – Include a detailed schedule for all elements of the proposed plan, including acquisition and building improvements proposed to be made, if applicable. This should also include an outline of any required regulatory approvals.
• Project Financing & Financial Analysis – Include overall budget and cost estimates as well as detail on the proposed purchase price of the property. This section should also include a detailed statement outlining the financing structure and ability and capacity to execute.
• Documentation of Past Experience – Include information pertaining to the Offeror’s experience implementing similar work. For each project, the summary should include the project team, a description of the Offeror’s role in the project, project budget and timeline, a summary of planning objectives addressed by the project. A minimum of 2, and no more than 5, project summaries shall be included, and each summary should not exceed 2 pages.
Offerors should attach and submit their Technical Proposal where prompted in the "Vendor Questionnaire" section of of their submittal.