Airfield Signage Rehabilitation
9. Vendor Requirements
By submitting this response, you hereby designate the business name and address listed here as the office to which notices may be delivered or mailed.
Please provide the Employer Identification Number
Applicant must respond confirming they have received a copy of the Public Records Act, located in the attachment section.
The bidder hereby represents that he has carefully examined the drawings and the Contract, including all Contract Documents, and shall execute the Contract and perform all its items, covenants and conditions, all in strict compliance with the requirements of the specifications and drawings. The bidder, by and through the submission of his bid, agrees that he has examined and that he shall be held responsible for having heretofore examined the site, the location and route of all proposed work and for having satisfied himself as to the character of the route, the location, surface and underground obstruction, the nature of the ground water conditions, and all other physical characteristics of the work, in order that he may include the prices which he bid, all costs pertaining to the work and hereby provide for the satisfactory completion thereof, including the removal, relocation or replacement of any objects or obstructs which shall be encountered in doing the proposed work.
Each bid shall be accompanied by a Bid Security of no less than NO VALUE percent of the amount of the Bid Proposal.
The Bid Security shall consist of a Certified Check, a Cashier’s Check or a Bid Bond payable to the City of New Smyrna Beach ("Owner.)
A copy of the bid bond must be uploaded with the proposal response in the form of a Bid bond, certified funds or an irrevocable letter of credit in a sum equal to the amount ofNO VALUE percent of the amount of the bid proposal. The proposer shall guarantee the total proposal price for a period of 60 days from the date of the proposal opening.
If requested by the City, bidders agrees to produce the hard copy of the original Bid Bond prior to the Notice of Recommendation or Commission Meeting. Failure to do so may result in the bid being deemed non-responsive.
Alternately a cash bond or cashiers’ check will be acceptable. All checks shall be made payable to the City of New Smyrna Beach on a bank or trust company located in the State of Florida and insured by the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation, as a guarantee that the proposer, if its proposal is accepted, will promptly execute the Agreement.
If the vendor selects to submit a cashiers’ check or cash bond it must be received by the City no later than 5:00 pm EST on Wednesday, July 6, 2022. Please submit in a sealed envelope to the following address:
City of New Smyrna Beach
210 Sam's Avenue
New Smyrna Beach, Florida 32168
Attention Finance Department
Acknowledge that the awarded the selected Contractor shall be required to sign a standard City contract within four-teen (14) days of Notice of Selection for Award.
In addition, the Contractor must provide the following documents within fourteen (14) days upon execution an agreement. All of which are familiar to the Contractor and are component parts of the contract.
• Certificate of Insurance
• Performance/Payment Bond
Upon completion of the project, the Contractor shall provide the Owner with the Warranty of Title.
A. The below Firm certifies that it will or will continue to provide a drug-free workplace by:
1. Publishing a statement notifying employees that the unlawful manufacture, distribution, dispensing, possession, or use of a controlled substance is prohibited in the workplace and specifying the actions that will be taken against employees for violation of such prohibition.
2. Establishing an on-going drug-free awareness program to inform employees about:
a. The dangers of drug abuse in the workplace.
b. The employer's policy of maintaining a drug-free workplace.
c. Any available drug counseling, rehabilitation, and employee assistance programs, and
d. The penalties that may be imposed upon employees for drug abuse violations occurring in the workplace.
3. Making it a requirement that each employee to be engaged in the performance of this contract be given a copy of the statement required by paragraph (a);
4. Notifying the employee in the statement required by paragraph (a) that, as a condition of employment under this contract, the employee will:
a. Abide by the terms of the statement; and
b. Notify the Employer in writing of any arrest for a violation of a criminal drug statute or driving under the influence no later than five calendar days after such arrest;
5. Notifying the City of New Smyrna Beach, in writing, within 10 calendar days after receiving notice under subparagraph (4)(b) from an employee or otherwise receiving actual notice of such arrest Consultants of arrested employees must provide notice, including position and title to: City Clerk/Administrator, City of New Smyrna Beach, 210 Sams Avenue, New Smyrna Beach, FL 32168.
6. Taking one of the following actions, within 30 calendar days of receiving notice under subparagraph (d)(2), with respect to any employee who is arrested.
a. Taking appropriate personnel action against such an employee, up to and including termination, consistent with the requirements of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, as amended, or
b. Requiring such employee to participate satisfactorily in drug abuse assistance or rehabilitation program approved for such purposes by a Federal, State or local health, law enforcement, or other appropriate agency.
7. Making a good faith effort to continue to maintain a drug-free workplace through implementation of paragraphs (1), (2), (3), (4), (5) and (6).
As a duly authorized representative of the Vendor, I hereby certify that the Firm will comply with the above certifications.
Does your organization have a Drug Free Workplace Program?
Please upload any documentation/information which may be a potential conflict of interest due to other clients, contracts, or property interest for this project here.
Please select one of the following statements.
By submitting a bid in response to this Invitation to Bid, you are certifying that your company, pursuant to 49 CFR Part 29: (1) is not presently suspended or debarred as, and/or listed on the U.S. General Services Administration’s System for Award Management (SAM) as such; and (2) will at all times remain eligible to bid for and perform the services subject to the requirements set forth herein and other applicable laws. Bidder agrees that any contract awarded to Bidder will be subject to termination by the City if Contractor or its subcontractors fail to comply or maintain such compliance.
Please upload as one (1) PDF file, a minimum of five (5) references for which the firm has provided services described in this bid within the last three (3) years. Include contracted services with governmental agencies. It is our intent to contact these references during the evaluation process.
Include the following information
Name of Reference
Point of Contact
Description of Services Provided
Dates of Services
Please upload as one (1) PDF document Completed required forms. Including notarized, non-notarized and signed addendums.
The contractor agrees that it will comply with pertinent statutes, Executive Orders and such rules as are promulgated to ensure that no person shall, on the grounds of race, creed, color, national origin, sex, age, or handicap be excluded from participating in any activity conducted with or benefiting from Federal assistance.
This provision binds the contractor and sub-tier contractor from the bid solicitation period through the completion of the contract. This provision is in addition to that required of Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964.
The Airport, in accordance with the provisions of Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 (78 Stat. 252, 42 U.S.C. §§ 2000d to 2000d-4) and the Regulations, hereby notifies all bidders that it will affirmatively ensure that any contract entered into pursuant to this advertisement, disadvantaged business enterprises will be afforded full and fair opportunity to submit bids in response to this invitation and will not be discriminated against on the grounds of race, color, or national origin in consideration for an award.
Title VI Clauses For Compliance With Nondiscrimination Requirements:
Compliance with Nondiscrimination Requirements
During the performance of this contract, the contractor, for itself, its assignees, and successors in interest (hereinafter referred to as the “contractor”) agrees as follows:
Compliance with Regulations: The contractor (hereinafter includes consultants) will comply with the Title VI List of Pertinent Nondiscrimination Statutes and Authorities, as they may be amended from time to time, which are herein incorporated by reference and made a part of this contract.
Non-discrimination:The contractor, with regard to the work performed by it during the contract, will not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, or national origin in the selection and retention of subcontractors, including procurements of materials and leases of equipment. The contractor will not participate directly or indirectly in the discrimination prohibited by the Nondiscrimination Acts and Authorities, including employment practices when the contract covers any activity, project, or program set forth in Appendix B of 49 CFR part 21.
Solicitations for Subcontracts, Including Procurements of Materials and Equipment: In all solicitations, either by competitive bidding, or negotiation made by the contractor for work to be performed under a subcontract, including procurements of materials, or leases of equipment, each potential subcontractor or supplier will be notified by the contractor of the contractor’s obligations under this contract and the Nondiscrimination Acts And Authorities on the grounds of race, color, or national origin.
Information and Reports: The contractor will provide all information and reports required by the Acts, the Regulations, and directives issued pursuant thereto and will permit access to its books, records, accounts, other sources of information, and its facilities as may be determined by the sponsor or the Federal Aviation Administration to be pertinent to ascertain compliance with such Nondiscrimination Acts And Authorities and instructions. Where any information required of a contractor is in the exclusive possession of another who fails or refuses to furnish the information, the contractor will so certify to the sponsor or the Federal Aviation Administration, as appropriate, and will set forth what efforts it has made to obtain the information.
Sanctions for Noncompliance: In the event of a contractor’s noncompliance with the Non-discrimination provisions of this contract, the sponsor will impose such contract sanctions as it or the Federal Aviation Administration may determine to be appropriate, including, but not limited to:
Withholding payments to the contractor under the contract until the contractor complies; and/or cancelling, terminating, or suspending a contract, in whole or in part.
Incorporation of Provisions: The contractor will include the provisions of paragraphs one through six in every subcontract, including procurements of materials and leases of equipment, unless exempt by the Acts, the Regulations and directives issued pursuant thereto. The contractor will take action with respect to any subcontract or procurement as the sponsor or the Federal Aviation Administration may direct as a means of enforcing such provisions including sanctions for noncompliance. Provided, that if the contractor becomes involved in, or is threatened with litigation by a subcontractor, or supplier because of such direction, the contractor may request the sponsor to enter into any litigation to protect the interests of the sponsor. In addition, the contractor may request the United States to enter into the litigation to protect the interests of the United States.
Title VI List Of Pertinent Nondiscrimination Authorities
During the performance of this contract, the contractor, for itself, its assignees, and successors in interest (hereinafter referred to as the “contractor”) agrees to comply with the following non-discrimination statutes and authorities; including but not limited to:
- Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 (42 U.S.C. § 2000d et seq., 78 stat. 252), (prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin);
- 49 CFR part 21 (Non-discrimination In Federally-Assisted Programs of The Department of Transportation—Effectuation of Title VI of The Civil Rights Act of 1964);
- The Uniform Relocation Assistance and Real Property Acquisition Policies Act of 1970, (42 U.S.C. § 4601), (prohibits unfair treatment of persons displaced or whose property has been acquired because of Federal or Federal-aid programs and projects);
- Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, (29 U.S.C. § 794 et seq.), as amended, (prohibits discrimination on the basis of disability); and 49 CFR part 27;
- The Age Discrimination Act of 1975, as amended, (42 U.S.C. § 6101 et seq.), (prohibits discrimination on the basis of age);
- Airport and Airway Improvement Act of 1982, (49 USC § 471, Section 47123), as amended, (prohibits discrimination based on race, creed, color, national origin, or sex);
- The Civil Rights Restoration Act of 1987, (PL 100-209), (Broadened the scope, coverage and applicability of Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, The Age Discrimination Act of 1975 and Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, by expanding the definition of the terms “programs or activities” to include all of the programs or activities of the Federal-aid recipients, sub-recipients and contractors, whether such programs or activities are Federally funded or not);
- Titles II and III of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, which prohibit discrimination on the basis of disability in the operation of public entities, public and private transportation systems, places of public accommodation, and certain testing entities (42 U.S.C. §§ 12131 – 12189) as implemented by Department of Transportation regulations at 49 CFR parts 37 and 38;
- The Federal Aviation Administration’s Non-discrimination statute (49 U.S.C. § 47123) (prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, and sex);
- Executive Order 12898, Federal Actions to Address Environmental Justice in Minority Populations and Low-Income Populations, which ensures non-discrimination against minority populations by discouraging programs, policies, and activities with disproportionately high and adverse human health or environmental effects on minority and low-income populations;
- Executive Order 13166, Improving Access to Services for Persons with Limited English Proficiency, and resulting agency guidance, national origin discrimination includes discrimination because of limited English proficiency (LEP). To ensure compliance with Title VI, you must take reasonable steps to ensure that LEP persons have meaningful access to your programs (70 Fed. Reg. at 74087 to 74100);
- Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, as amended, which prohibits you from discriminating because of sex in education programs or activities (20 U.S.C. 1681 et seq).
I certify that I have read the Construction Safety and Phasing Plan (CSPP) and the Construction Safety and Phasing Details, pages GC101 and GC501 of the Contract Drawings, respectively, and if awarded this Contract, I will abide by its requirements as written. Additionally, I certify that I understand the requirements of FAA AC 150/5370-2, Operational Safety on Airports during construction, latest edition, and will adhere to its requirements as it relates to this Contract.